Monday 19 May 2008

An Old SCS Challange

I recently found the Split Coast Stampers forum - it's a great place, full of inspiration. I have never tried a sketch challenge before, but something about the lay out of this one drew me towards having a go. The challenge is several weeks old, but my understanding is that you may take the challenge any time you like, there is no deadline for completion.

I was not sure what kind of card I would for make for this and decided to start by picking some papers to use for the layers. When in doubt I look first at my Artylicious CD's, and I was not disappointed. I found I kept clicking on blue designs and so I went to check what blue card stock I had and found a lovely piece with a slightly marbled finish. Once I had chosen the papers it was time to choose a stamp that would fit the top layer, a recent purchase from ebay was right there just asking me to use it so I grabbed an Adirondack inkpad (Denim) and stamped up that golf bag.

I have to admit I surprised myself with this card, the last thing I had expected was to make a male themed card, but perhaps that is the beauty of these challanges. You never do quite know what you will make until it's made. As my hubby is a golfer and his birthday is next month I think this card is destined to be his birthday card from me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment