Sunday 4 May 2008

My April Offering for Fab's Big Christmas Challenge

It seems apt to start with this card which was made for a challenge on a freind's blog. It was getting involved in that which finally made me think blog of my own might be fun.

My freind Fab started a Christmas Challenge on his blog and it's such a good idea - make one Christmas card (or more if you wish to) on the 25th of each month and that way when Christmas comes around you will have a stash of cards ready to send - no more last minute rush to make them all in December.

I made this card by stamping that lovely winter scene with a stamp from Creative Expressions. I used Adirondack ink (Denim) to stamp the image and colour it. I used a wet paintbrush to pull more shading into the image from the stamped lines an where I needed more colour or a different one I just dabbed the corner of the inkpad onto an acrylic stamp block and added some water with my paint brush and carried on painting. The finishing touch was a few sparkles of Stickles and then I mounted the image onto some lovely rich blue mirror card. The base card is a pearlescent card which has been stamped using a TAC stamp and more Adirondack ink (Stonewashed)

Click here for Fab's blog

Fab's Christmas Challenge


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing Phree on my Christmas challenge !

    Gorgeous card I love that stamp !

    Hugz Fab x

    ReplyDelete