Thursday 15 May 2008

Never Look A Gift Cat In the Mouth...

A very kind and thoughtful freind showed me a web site in the USA from which he was planning to buy some stamps. He asked me which of the stamps I thought was the nicest - not an easy question to answer as I was only allowed to choose one and they were all fabulous. Then I remembered that my friend had sent me an absolutely stunning hand made card which featured a cat. It's one of my favorite cards so the choice seemed obvious - the cat stamp! In my head I could already imagine the amazing cards he would make with it. In due course the stamps turned up and of course my freind did make some brilliant cards with his new stamps, but the cat stamp - well that arrived in the mail to me as a gift! Thanks Fab you are the best!

Anyhow I have been wondering what I could make with this stamp in honour of Fab's kindness, I hope this card using the cloisonne cat stamp designed by Michael Strong is worthy.

I stamped and embossed the cat in black detail embossing powder onto silver foiled card, then colured it using Sakura Gelly Roll Glaze pens. I then cut the image out and mounted it onto black card to create a topper. The main card is orange card from The Paper Mill's new colour range and the Gold shimmery card came from Southfields. The word "purrfect" is stamped in Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink using the Elusive Images Sketchy Alphabet Themeplate.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Phree ! Fantastic colours.....I love it !

    ReplyDelete