This week the theme for the Florrie's ATC Challenge was flowers. I had discovered gold (well aluminium actually) in hubby's craft stash! He builds model cars and he had adhesive aluminium tape very much like some of the material I had been using in the metal art workshop at Graphicus last Thursday. Well of course that tape, or at least a good portion of it, has found it's way into my craft stash.
Armed with my new acquisition and some basic tools I had bought during the workshop day I set to work to create a floral ATC. First I punched some flowers and mounted them onto some card, then carfully stuck down the tape over the top. I was not sure if this was going to work as the tape did seem quite thin and I was not certain if I would be able to make it mould to the flower shapes without puncturing it. Anyhow after some careful rubbing down with a paper stump things were looking good, but then the tricky part, defining the image. I remembered hearing somewhere that a dried up ball point pen would work as a substitute for the proper defining tools, but this was the bit that had worried me most as I thought the pen may just puncture or tear at the thin metal. I used the pen very carefully, only a light pressure, and as you can see it worked well. Next I coloured my image with some Alcohol inks (Red Pepper and Oregano)and a tiny bit of gold cord round the corners added a little more texture and interest. Finally I mounted the results of my work onto some deep green card stock which I think co-ordinates nicely with the colours of the inks.