Friday 19 December 2008

Tea Bag Tree and a beautiful swap.

I got the idea for this Tea Bag Folding Christmas Tree from Shirley's Blog - I know she got the idea from an online tutorial and there is a link on her blog if you want some instructions for how to make this folded tree.

For my version I used papers from the Artylicious Season's Greetings CD. I used the same design from the CD to cut my squares for the Tea Bag folding and for the background. I added a tiny peel off star to the top of my tree and some sparkle with gold Stickles Glitter. This is actually quite an easy card to make but gives a lovely dimentional effect.









The second card I wan't to share is a beautiful Christmas Swap I received from a fellow Graphicus Guild Member. Thank you Val, the card is gorgeous. The stamp is, if my memory serves me correctly, the very first Graphicus Guild Members' Limited Edition stamp. Val has not only embossed the stamp with gold EP as her main image, but has also used it to create a gorgeous background by overstamping it onto colour washed paper in red, magenta and metallic gold.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, Phree, for your wonderful compliment! Your tree is spectacular! The paper and layers you used make it so regal and so elegant too! I like how you did your edges and the different metallic papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val's card is just so beautiful and elegant too! Her background is just gorgeous and the image and snowflakes are spectacular! I got so caught up in your card I forgot to mention this wonderful card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' that tree .... not played for ages now and just off to tidy as family visiting and man to repair my grill tomorrow and in the evening YAHOO our Christmas night out!!

    TC:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you liked them, cause you should have received one...love these cards.Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the teabag folded tree card, Phree. I'm not normally enamoured of teabag folding but this is particularly effective and a very classy result.

    Vals' card is gorgeous too. It's beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, two beautiful cards. I love the pink one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely trees - oh I do love trees :) The tebag folding looks great and it works really well in gold.

    Lovely card from Val too, that was a heck of a stamp to start off with for the Guild - talk about setting the bar high!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards Phree. The pink one is just fabulous.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete