Sunday 21 December 2008

Christmas Mouse

I love those House Mouse stamps and invested in a couple recently. This is a Christmas card I made with one of them - isn't that lil' mouse sweet! Due to unforeseen events that kept me from stamping much for about 3 weeks the last week has been pretty hectic trying to finish off cards for Christmas and this card was really quite simple and fast to make - just what I needed!

I cut a label shape from some white card with a Nestabilities die then stamped the image with gray Versafine ink and coloured it with Twinkling H20s. This was then layerd onto the next size up of lable in the Nestabilities set which had been cut from red foiled card. Finally I attached some ribbon with a brad. The card itself is just some red card stock to which I applied a white panel which I had embossed in the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and then stamped a little greeting on the bottom edge which I had deliberatly left unembossed to take the greeting. I added a border of red Stickles Glitter where the white panel meets the red card and then adhered my mouse tag with foam pads.

7 comments:

  1. Very cute image and beautifully coloured. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card hunny,im adoring this cute image, so, so sweet! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card Phree. Nice touch leaving the bottom part of the panel unembossed to take the greeting.
    have a great Christmas and New Year!
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phree....I just wanted to let you know I've given you an award...please check out my blog for details...Have a Very Merry Christmas!!
    Penny Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card alright! He is just precious and I love what you did with the die and the embellished area too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been waiting for some Nestability tags like these but haven't seen them. They are such a great shape. Love the whole card.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card and great idea to leave the bottom edge unembossed for the greeting. May I borrow this comment when I've not embossed all the way to the bottom of the card? ;)

    ReplyDelete