Wednesday 24 December 2008

Poinsettia

This card was made for a swap and as it's now in the possession of the recipient I can share a pic here. Unfortunately my camera was not behaving - someone had left the auto focus function off but I didn't realise it so the picture is not as clear as it could be.

I used a stamp from Elusive Images to create my poinsettia, it's from the Poinsettia Script themeplate. First I created a background by blending Ranger's Distress Inks in Shabby Shutters and Peeled paint with some Cut N Dry Foam. This was edged it with some Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. Next I used some more of the Peeled Paint to stamp the image onto the background. I then stamped the image 2 more times onto white card using Versamark and embossed them with gold EP. The embossed images of the Poinsettia were painted with Twinkling H2O's and a tiny amount of gold Stickles glitter used on the centre of the flower, then cut out and decoupaged onto the background. This was mounted onto mats of green and red foiled card. For the main card I used some red card stock and covered it with some lovely paper I had printed from the Artylicious Season's Greetings CD. I edged my paper with a gold Sakura Pentouch pen. Finally I added a the red ribbon bow and some red cabochon gems.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card

    Many thanks for my beautiful card - love the snowy scene, and how come your snowflakes didn't smudge??

    Also wanted to wish you and your family a brilliant christmas and a peaceful and Happy New Year.
    TC
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card Phree with a nice twist on traditional.

    Lesley X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phree, coming to your blog is like getting a little gift each time I visit. Thank you for sharing your beautiful and inspiring work. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card Phree- the muted colours work really well

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card, Phree! Love the whole design. I am hoping my card arrived safely too! Love the dimension you gqave the Poinsettia too! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Phree
    This is a beautiful card. Love the background and the flower is beautiful.
    Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Hugs
    Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegant card, it's really lovely. Season's Greetings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very classy card, Phree! A lot of work, but worth it.

    ReplyDelete