Friday 4 July 2008

Grid Challenge Card

A member of a card swap group asked us to join in a challenge swap making a card using a Grid Scoring technique she had recently discovered and enjoyed doing. The technique involves scoring parallel lines across your card in both directions to create a grid. In the challenge I have scored on the diagonal, but it would work in the horizontal and vertical axis also. I am not really a pink person, but I used pinks for this because the person I am swapping with tends to create what I think of as very feminine designs so I hope she likes this one.

After making my grid layer I found my mind kept wandering to the trellis people use in their gardens to support climbing plants so I decided to decorate my card with leaves and flowers. I inked the grid with some Adirondack ink to make the embossed lines stand out more, the leaves are punched out and the flowers are from the center a stamp which came with a recent edition of Craft Stamper. I stamped only the centre flower and then heat embossed it with some Cosmic Shimmer EP. The petals and center of the flower were coloured using Sakura Stardust pens in pink and orange. I then cut the flowers out and stuck them and the leaves to my "garden trellis"

The get well sentiment was a bit of an accident as to my knowlege the person I am sending to is not sick right now. I had meant to pick up a "Just for You" stamp from a set of clear Hot Off The Press sentiment stamps but didn't realise I had grabbed the wrong one until after I stamped it! That will teach me to double check by stamping on some scrap first as it's tricky to read text stamps that are in such an elaborate font!

4 comments:

  1. I love yor latest additionwell done, thanks for the get well wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This certainly looks like a different technique Phree, well done on trying something new and I like the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beeyouteefull Card! So neat and pretty

    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful grid card. Love the combination of colours. X Fab

    ReplyDelete