Thursday 27 November 2008

Look what arrived in my mail!

Isn't this just beautiful! This gorgous card was sent to me by Shirley who has a wonderful blog called Card Art, Etc. I love the card Shirley thank you very much. The leaves and shells and dragonflies have been stamped and painted with Twinkling H20s and then cut out and layered to give a lovely dimensional effect. Mind you I am not sure about how the Nautilus shell image was coloured because - I haven't seen an H20 quite like that one so I am wondering if it was a different product. It seems to be a more dimensional paint and has the most fabulous Mother of Pearl luster which I think the camera has managed to catch quite well in this photo.

If you have time I can recommend a LONG visit to Shirley's blog because she make absolutely beautiful cards.




I also have to say thank you to Anesha and Beryl who both passed on this award to me. I think what it stands for is a lovely idea.
What the award stands for:
This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY- nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement . Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to 8 bloggers who may then pass it on.

Now I am already having trouble finding freinds who don't already have this awards so I am going to say if you are one of the lovely people who read my blog and leave kind comments, please feel free to take this award and share it onwards.

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Phree. I've paid Shirley's lovely blog a visit and left a few comments (as I always do).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaww that's sooo nice. Never seen this award before...is it a new one out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call that Faux Mother of Pearl and I do it by first stamping the image with Galaxy Gold ink on a well inked pad. I heat emboss it to dry it. Then I apply Jones Tones Foil Glue. It dries tacky. Then I apply Jones Tones Pearl Swirl. After that I seal it with Glossy Accents. I am really glad you like it. Thank you for your kind words too.

    Congratulations of your wonderful awards. You certainly deserve them. Your site is filled with beautiful creative art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Phree, Shirley's blog is well worth a visit and your card from her is lovely. I also like the card you sent to her.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunningly beautiful card :). I had a good look round Shirley's blog, she certainly has some lovely work there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Phree,
    There's another award doing the rounds and I'd like to share it with you. I realise they take a while to fulfill but even if you don't have the time to take it on the logo is very pretty and you may like on your sidebar.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations...A Card by Shirley...Just so Fantastic!!!! Congrads on the award too...

    ReplyDelete