This card was made for a challenge on Glenda Waterworth's blog. The challenge was to use stampbord on a project along with Elusive Images Stamps. It took me a while to decide which stamps I would use for this challenge as so many of the Elusive Image designs work beautifully on Stampbord, but finally I settled on stamps from the new Fantasy Floral Themeplate which has been designed to co-ordinate with the paper designs on the Artylicious CD of the same name. It was quite a tricky piece to photograph due to the light reflecting off the UTEE on the stampboard, but the close up shot shows the stambord more clearly.
First I coloured my stampbord piece with inks from a Petal Point Fluid Chalk ink pad, then stamped my image on top of that using black Archival Ink. Next I scratched off some of the colour from the stampbord to highlight the flowers and some of the leaves. Finally I edged the piece with a gold Sakura Pentouch pen and coated the surface with a couple of layers of UTEE to give a glossy enamelled look to the finished piece.
Next I chose one of the co-ordinating papers from the CD and also some card stock in colours that would match those in the printed paper and in the stampbord peice. My green card stock was a little too pale so I sponged on some of the same green ink I had been using on the stampbord to get the shade I wanted. I cut out my square of floral paper from the printed sheet and cut an X shape in the center to allow me to roll back the flaps and create a frame for my stampbord to sit in. Before rolling back the flaps I inked the reverse side of the paper in some of the terracotta ink I had used on the stampbord so as the rolled back flaps would not show bright as white.
Next I took a small leafy spray from the same set of stamps and created borders at the top and bottom of my green card by stamping with versamark and heat embossing with copper EP. The last step was to assemble all of my elements and to add the organza bow. The bow is kind of crinkly because I heated quicky with my heat tool. This makes the organza shrivel a bit and creates an interesting effect, but if you try it be careful because if you heat too much holes will start to form in the ribbon.