This card was made for a challenge swap, the challenge was to make a pop-up card. As soon as I signed up to join the swap I knew I wanted to use my set of cute doggy stamps from The Angel Company and make a 3D scene with them.
First I stamped the dog, his kennel and the little grass stamp with black Stazon. I coloured the images with Prismacolor Pencils, using low odour white spirit and paper stumps to blend the colours and then cut this out. With my pop-up element made the next job was to cut a liner for the inside of my card. This would become both the mechanism for my pop-up and also the background scene.
Next I measured the height and width of my cut out images and made the corresponding cuts and scores in my liner to enable me to fold the mechanism and then coloured my background by masking off areas and sponging on some Adirondack Dye inks for the hills and sky. The sun was also masked and then colour sponged on using Distress Ink and some light orange from a Kaleidacolour ink pad over the yellow Distress Ink to give it a little more "heat". Finally I took some Tree stamps from another The Angel Company set and stamped in my trees using more Distress Ink.
The front of the outer card has been decorated with papers from the Artylicious Butterfly Bliss CD and stamped with a text stamp from the same set of stamps I used for the pop-up images. However, while the little dog on the outside is also from The Angel Company, he is not part of the set I had been using for the inside of the card. I also use one of the inserts from the Butterfly Bliss CD to line the facing side of my liner (the bit where you would write your message to the receipient of the card).
With this all done the last step was to adhere the inner pop-up part of the card to the outer card and then mount my pop-up element onto the mechanism. There was quite a lot of work in this card, but I think the end result is worth the effort.