Monday 16 March 2009

Owl Always Love This Stamp

Yes, it's that Elusive Images owl again, sorry if I am being repetative, but I adore that stamp and it helped me out of a creative hole recently. The "hole" was the monthly swap theme on Craft Telly forum. The theme was to make a "half and half" card. Well at first I just couldn't get an idea of what to make, and then it dawned on me that it would be fun to have a go at making this card with the Wise Owl stamp.

First I cut two rectangles with my nestabilites, one in black and one in white. Next I laid the 2 rectangles on top of each other and cut them in half. The reason I did it this way was so as if my cut was not quite dead center I could match the left hand side piece from one colour with the right hand side piece from the other and still end up with a rectangle that was the same size as my orignal rectangle which would fit on the scalloped nestie layer underneath.

The next step was to join the 2 bits of card together on the back with some masking tape and then stamp the owl with versamark onto the front, postioning the owl as centrally as I could over the centre join. With that done peeled the masking tape off the back of the stamped image taking care not to smudge the versamark impression and seperated the 2 halves. This allowed me to sprinkle white and black embossing poweder over each side without any cross contamination of colour and heat emboss. Once that was done I rejoined the 2 halves and matted them onto the scalloped nestie shape which had also been cut twice in both colours and cut into 2 halves. This in turn was layerd onto 2 more pieces of black and white card which I had edged with a gold Sakura Pentouch pen.

The golden amber eyes were stamped seperately onto white card and embossed with black EP. They were painted with Twinkling H2Os then cut out and stuck down over the original image. The golden card was chosen from my stash to theme with the colour of the owls eyes and was stamped with a stamp from a Graphicus Guild limited edtion stamp using Encore gold metallic ink.

6 comments:

  1. I love Owls me ! RFLOL ! Stunning card...X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This card is stunning Phree. Brilliant idea to use the half and half theme in this way. I was going to say the owl looks amazing but I've changed my mind....the whole card looks amazing!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very striking card,great job. Really like the background stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoo! What a gorgeous card Phree. Love the cards you've made with the owl, the gold works really well to highlight his eyes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that's very effective - brilliant!!

    TC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you Phree. I love owls and what you did with this one is just so wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete