Sunday 12 October 2008

Wintery Card for Christmas

I love this stamp from Elusive Images, it's just such a lovely winter scene. The stamp is on the Hearth and Home Themeplate. The text is not actually part of the image though, that is from a little set of tiny text message stamps my hubby bought for me, but I can't recall who made them.

To make the card I first inked up my stamp with versamark then with a light blue Brilliance ink, stamped and heat embossed with an Holographic Sparkle EP. The sparkle is subtle and hard to catch in the photo. The "season's greetings" text was stamped and heat embossed in the same way. I also ran the ink pad round the edge of the card that I had been stamping on and dipped that in the same holographic powder and heat set it. The image was then mounted onto some silver pearlescent paper.

The main card is some off-white card which has a slight silvery shimmer over it (it's not quite creamy enough in colour to describe it as ivory). This was covered with a lovely paper I printed from the Artylicious Peacock Summer Party CD. I added some light blue satin ribbon and edged the paper with a light blue ink pad. Sorry about the photo, it seems that because the card is generally all very light colours, and the little bit of sparkle from the EP the camera really struggled to get a good image - I even had hubby try as he is the photo expert in this house.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card, really like the background paper works well with the stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    Love the stamp and you certainly have got a lot of use from the CD - it's on my birthday /Christmas wish list (hate having birthday in Dec)LOL

    TC
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley, sorry I misclicked and hit reject on you your comment by mistake - blogger give no second chance to recover the comment :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, and snowy. Make you feel like winter is justabout here!

    Jacqueline
    http://www.sparklescharmsandbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Phree
    The Papor Gator is a heavy duty paper (card, coaster etc.) rounder. You can see a better photo on this site
    http://www.aroundtheblockproducts.com/products/tools/paper-gator.html

    Hope that helps. If not let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the picture shows it just perfect Phree...Beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful wintery card :0)
    **Hugs** Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phree, what a lovely soft sublte card...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a subtle, peaceful card, beautiful :)

    Jo XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog Phree! Your cards are beautiful, very elegant!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I would remember about the VersMark and Brilliance inks. Your card is really beautiful! Love the colors you chose throughout! Love your blog too. I forgot to tell you I hope you didn't suffer too much when you had to use your box of chocolates. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an elegant card, I love the stamp and the colours.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete