The last of the 6 cards I made for the Elusive Images DT application - a colour challenge. Glenda had specified that one of the projects submitted must follow a specifed theme and given a choice of about 4 or 5 themes, I chose a colour challenge - Brown and Teal.
This time the main image is by Clarity Stamp, but the patterns in the dress, and on the edge of the inside back, are done using what I tend to think of as "incidental stamps". Those small decorative stamps that come on sheets of unmounted stamps which, while they are pretty, often sit around unused because we are not sure what to do with them! The stamp in question comes from the Elusive Images "Delightful Damask" themeplate
To make the card I stamped the lady onto some white card using a permanent black ink, I also made several stampings onto pages of a post-it note pad, making sure that part of the image fell over the tacky area, this was for cutting out to make masks for the dress. I placed the masks in turn over various parts of the image and coloured the dress using a stencil brush and Versamagic inks in the appropriate brown and teal colours. The pattern was added by overstamping through some of the masks with the pattern stamp from the Delightful Damask themeplate. The border round the image and also on the edge of the inside back of the card was created in much the same way, using masking, stencil brushes and overstamping. The right hand edge of the front of the card has been trimmed back to reveal the stamped border inside the card.
The background layers were cut from card in the challenge colours, the ornate cormers were cut with a Cuttlebug die. I should appologise for the photo, this one seems to have a lot of camera shake in it, I always take more than one picture of my card, but in this instance I must have deleted the wrong image from the camera and as the card is no longer in my possession I cannot take a better picture.